Hi! I'm Jordan, a wedding and portrait photographer based in South Dakota. I'm passionate about capturing real moments and telling stories through authentic images.
1. Rachel and I are high school sweethearts, we started dating while lifeguarding together at our local swimming pool.
2. Have two children, Maggie and Rowan, and they are cutest... no joke.
3. Enjoy spending time with my family, being outdoors doing pretty much anything, and riding moped.
4. French press, pour over, and ice lattes are my jam.
5. Music is a must – 'NEEDTOBREATHE' is played daily.
6. Cool Ranch Doritos are the only Doritos.
7. Would love to live in the Pacific Northwest – likely Seattle.
8. Binge watch 'The Office' each year, and not afraid to admit I watch 'New Girl' with my wife.
9. About once every 2 weeks, I get super motivated to get things done and usually stay up until 1:00am.
10. Couldn't fix anything around the house to save my life.
I graduated from Dakota State University in 2012, with a degree in Network & Systems Administration. During my last year of college I knew I had a passion for photography, but never imagined it could be more than a hobby. After graduation I started working part-time at GracePoint Wesleyan Church managing their tech. I also worked at a local camera retail store selling cameras and other accessory merchandise. During this time, I explored what I could do with a camera by shooting landscapes and night photography, like star trails.
A friend couple I took engagements for asked me to second shoot at their wedding. Up to this point, I hadn't thought about shooting weddings. Short version of that story, I ended up being the primary photographer, diving me in head first. I'll never forget that wedding because it showed me the opportunity I have to use my passion to create deep connections with people – leaning in with couples on their journey becoming husband and wife, providing genuine images of their story together.
I married my wife during college in 2010, became a father to a little girl in February 2016, and welcomed my son in August 2017. These defining life moments have influenced the way I view what is important in life, which has changed how I see photography. These moments shape us, mark defining points in our ongoing journey, and being able to have them captured in real, authentic images through an intentional, personal approach allows us create space to lean into each other's lives.
I believe one of our purposes as human-beings is to make lasting impressions with those around us whether it's for a day or a lifetime, and having the opportunity to use my passion for photography as an avenue for it makes it all the more rewarding.
This is the heart behind these images.